Skip to main content

LINK: Confessions of a Restaurant Whore

I suddenly find myself this morning without a post. I haven't gotten to take pictures of the food I was going to post about ... and I haven't yet read the article I was going to post about. So instead, I'm going to give some link love to another food blog that I recently came across.

Confessions of a Restaurant Whore is mostly restaurant reviews with some other San Francisco and food related posts. I love anything to do with food, and anything to do with restaurants, and anything to do with ... well, with whores it's not automatic love, but you'll definitely get me to pay attention.

I loved perusing the archives of this blog, because not only has Ms. Whore eaten at some old favorites but she has reports on places where I dream of someday having the pleasure of dining.

So while you may have to wait to understand the fabulousness of my new camera, which comes with its very own special "FOOD" setting (although so far, I have mostly taken pictures of myself with the miraculous "SOFT SKIN" setting--I love you, soft skin setting! And yes, I am a narcissist, thanks.) And you will have to wait to get cooking tips from the indie rock world, but you can easily spend a day perusing the Restaurant Whore's dining guide.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INFO: How to Dry Tomatoes

It's the end of summer and tomatoes are everywhere. Lovely round red tomatoes and multi-colored lumpy misshapen heirloom tomatoes and cute little cherry and grape tomatoes and oblong, flavorful roma tomatoes. And along with the tomatoes, tomato recipes abound. Capreses and salads and sauces and sandwiches--it seems impossible sometimes to find a dish that DOESN'T have tomatoes in some form. So what's a girl to do when tomatoes are everywhere and ... she hates tomatoes? Why, dry the tomatoes of course! Dried tomatoes are so very different than fresh tomatoes. So different as to be a different fruit altogether. And I like dried tomatoes. Dried tomatoes are sweeter and that green flavor I don't like so much seems to get baked right out, replaced by a rich warmth that is much tastier to my palate. Also the chewy, meaty texture is more pleasing to me than the weird firm-yet-squishy texture of even a tomato grown with all the tender loving care of its farmer. Generally I purc...

LA.FOODBLOGGING: Groundworks Coffee

Our local foodblogging establishment, la.foodblogging , has seen fit to allow me to contribute. From now on most of my Los Angeles centered posts will be done there, and linked to from here, in order to avoid duplication. My first post is on my morningtime friend, Groundwork Coffee (as promised to Jeremy and my sweet Auntie). You can read it here: I'll Have the Works . Tags: LA.FOODBLOGGING

ABOUT THIS BLOG

I've been evaluating my blog and have realized that, while I have lots of nifty posts, I don't really have a good overall explanation of what exactly this blog is all about, and what one can expect to find here. So I'm creating this post and will link to it in the sidebar for anyone who's interested. I am not a professional chef. I have not been cooking for years. I am not an expert who is going to make beautiful and amazing and complicated dishes to "wow" you. I am, in fact, quite the opposite. I am a total beginner. I've always lived in places with miniscule kitchens and concerned myself with schoolwork and studying and working and not paid the least bit of attention to what I was eating every day. And that's what this blog is all about. It's about me learning where my food comes from, how to make it properly, and how to enjoy it to the utmost. It's no fun to learn by myself, so I started the blog to keep track of what I learn, kind of like a...