Skip to main content

LINK: My Favorite Weekend

Erin of Erin's Kitchen at one point got a little sick of the L.A. Times feature "My Favorite Weekend," in which minor celebrities talk about how much they love Urth Caffe and shopping at the Grove, etc. Although not this week! It's "ohmygodhowcanshebesoskinnyandsosexyatthesametime" Tricia Helfer, aka Caprica Six from Battlestar Galactica and although the Grove and Sushi Roku do make an appearance, she also goes to Cheebo! And Joan's! Maybe I'll see her sometime. I think I would be scared .

Okay, now I have to interrupt my post with an "I'm not normally a geek" disclaimer, in which I promise that I don't go around saying "frack," and also that I watch that show because my husband made me. This is a total lie, though, because although those things are technically true, it doesn't change the fact that I am the BIGGEST NERD that ever lived. And I also think that Battlestar Galactica is the best show ever ever invented on TV. Except for the Amazing Race.

The important thing here, though, is that Erin is bored by the C-list starlets' favorite weekends and has started a series wherein she has real Angelenos give the lowdown on their favorite weekends. And this week's is the best one yet! If I do say so myself.

That's because it features MOI! And my super-sexy, ever-so-fascinating weekend! Which is maybe not any particular weekend, but is more like I took my last 100 weekends, added the things I did, and the places I went and the people I went there with and came out with a reasonable facsimile of what most of my weekends are like.

And Cheebo is totally on my agenda, just like it is on Tricia Helfer's so it becomes increasingly clear that either I am virtually identical to her, including the way we look (at least, as far as YOU know), OR .... I am a Cylon.

Comments

Chubbypanda said…
Sounds like a perfect weekend to me, and remarkably similar to mine. Substitute the dog with four cats (rescues), switch around the gender roles here and there, and you've pretty much got my weekends. =)

- Chubbypanda
Pretend late sleeping (check)Morning coffee (check)
Afternoon coffee (check)
Gay Grove-a-thon (check)
Cheebo (check)
evening coffee (check)
evening cocktails (check)
late-night cocktails (check)
midnight cocktails (check)

I think we are soulmates.
KT said…
Well, it seems pretty clear to me ... we may even have cackled over the same unfortunate wardrobe choice of the same unfortunate skank from opposite sides of the Grove!
Oh my God!!! Is there any other reason to go shopping there? I mean, come on! It's great recreation!!!
KT said…
No. There is NO other reason to go shopping there. Unless you know someone who hasn't been to the Abercrombie and Fitch flagship store yet. Then you need to take them there and watch them slowly freak out. It's better than any Halloween haunted house.
Well, it's darker than one that is for sure. I realize this is totally off-topic (welcome to my world) but does anybody actually go to that store to shop? You can't see you hand in front of your face and all merchandise looks the same. I keep roaming the store looking for the dance floor and a bar that is stocked with something easier to pour into a glass than denim.
KT said…
The only time I go into that store is to show other people its craziness. The problem is, every time I go in, I start to want a cocktail. I think they would be more successful if they really got a liquor license.

I thought it was so dark because they were trying to disguise the fact that they are selling three floors worth of the same shirt. And so you can't see the control panels on all of the employees' backs.
Milla said…
i want your autograph.
KT said…
Ha ha! Yeah, get it now while it's still free. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

NEWS: Angeleno Magazine's Chef's Night Out

Brad A. Johnson of Angeleno magazine, and The Tasting Panel 's Anthony Dias Blue are co-hosting the annual Chef's Night Out and Restaurant Awards to honor local chefs and resterauteurs and to celebrate the release of Angeleno 's food issue. The dinner benefits the Children's Institute, an organization that works with children and families affected by violence, abuse, and trauma. Tickets are $150 for the event (food from the featured chefs with wine and spirits pairings), and $250 for VIP tickets which includes access to a special reception and the awards ceremony. The event will be held at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows this Sunday, July 26. The chefs at the event include: David Myers from Sona, Comme Ça and Pizza Ortica Lee Hefter and Thomas Boyce from Spago Lee Hefter and Ari Rosenson from Cut Susan Feniger from Street Anthony Zappola from Craft Brian Moyers from BLT Steak Ray Garcia from FIG Restaurant Santa Monica Warren Schwartz from Westside Tavern Evan

RECIPE: Serious Eats' Foolproof Pan Pizza

It was love at first sight ... the second I saw J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's Foolproof Pan Pizza recipe ,I was twitterpated. I was definitely going to try to make this and see if it was really proof against this fool. Overall, I think I'm a pretty good cook, but when it comes to trying out new recipes, usually if there's a way I can totally mess it up, I will. Even if I get the actual process right, chances are I'll do something like try to check if the bottom's cooked while the pie is still in the pan and dump the pie all over the kitchen. :( (True story). Well, happy to say Mr. L-A has done it again. You could do worse than compile all his recipes and just use them as your cookbook. He takes a thorough and scientific approach to cooking but also has a way of translating it all for the casual home cook. The recipe was seriously easy - there is a lot of waiting time but very little active effort to expend. It's pretty much just mix the dough, let it rise, mak

ABOUT THIS BLOG

I've been evaluating my blog and have realized that, while I have lots of nifty posts, I don't really have a good overall explanation of what exactly this blog is all about, and what one can expect to find here. So I'm creating this post and will link to it in the sidebar for anyone who's interested. I am not a professional chef. I have not been cooking for years. I am not an expert who is going to make beautiful and amazing and complicated dishes to "wow" you. I am, in fact, quite the opposite. I am a total beginner. I've always lived in places with miniscule kitchens and concerned myself with schoolwork and studying and working and not paid the least bit of attention to what I was eating every day. And that's what this blog is all about. It's about me learning where my food comes from, how to make it properly, and how to enjoy it to the utmost. It's no fun to learn by myself, so I started the blog to keep track of what I learn, kind of like a