Gastronomy 101, a blog about food and Los Angeles restaurants

LINK: My Favorite Weekend

Erin of Erin's Kitchen at one point got a little sick of the L.A. Times feature "My Favorite Weekend," in which minor celebrities talk about how much they love Urth Caffe and shopping at the Grove, etc. Although not this week! It's "ohmygodhowcanshebesoskinnyandsosexyatthesametime" Tricia Helfer, aka Caprica Six from Battlestar Galactica and although the Grove and Sushi Roku do make an appearance, she also goes to Cheebo! And Joan's! Maybe I'll see her sometime. I think I would be scared .

Okay, now I have to interrupt my post with an "I'm not normally a geek" disclaimer, in which I promise that I don't go around saying "frack," and also that I watch that show because my husband made me. This is a total lie, though, because although those things are technically true, it doesn't change the fact that I am the BIGGEST NERD that ever lived. And I also think that Battlestar Galactica is the best show ever ever invented on TV. Except for the Amazing Race.

The important thing here, though, is that Erin is bored by the C-list starlets' favorite weekends and has started a series wherein she has real Angelenos give the lowdown on their favorite weekends. And this week's is the best one yet! If I do say so myself.

That's because it features MOI! And my super-sexy, ever-so-fascinating weekend! Which is maybe not any particular weekend, but is more like I took my last 100 weekends, added the things I did, and the places I went and the people I went there with and came out with a reasonable facsimile of what most of my weekends are like.

And Cheebo is totally on my agenda, just like it is on Tricia Helfer's so it becomes increasingly clear that either I am virtually identical to her, including the way we look (at least, as far as YOU know), OR .... I am a Cylon.

10 comments:

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me, and remarkably similar to mine. Substitute the dog with four cats (rescues), switch around the gender roles here and there, and you've pretty much got my weekends. =)

- Chubbypanda

said by Chubbypanda at 6:20 PM Delete

You are FAMOUS.....in blogger-land. That weekend sounds way, way better than this one.

said by martha stewart at 3:26 PM Delete

Pretend late sleeping (check)Morning coffee (check)
Afternoon coffee (check)
Gay Grove-a-thon (check)
Cheebo (check)
evening coffee (check)
evening cocktails (check)
late-night cocktails (check)
midnight cocktails (check)

I think we are soulmates.

said by Acme Instant Food at 10:01 AM Delete

Well, it seems pretty clear to me ... we may even have cackled over the same unfortunate wardrobe choice of the same unfortunate skank from opposite sides of the Grove!

said by KT at 10:07 AM Delete

Oh my God!!! Is there any other reason to go shopping there? I mean, come on! It's great recreation!!!

said by Acme Instant Food at 10:13 AM Delete

No. There is NO other reason to go shopping there. Unless you know someone who hasn't been to the Abercrombie and Fitch flagship store yet. Then you need to take them there and watch them slowly freak out. It's better than any Halloween haunted house.

said by KT at 10:21 AM Delete

Well, it's darker than one that is for sure. I realize this is totally off-topic (welcome to my world) but does anybody actually go to that store to shop? You can't see you hand in front of your face and all merchandise looks the same. I keep roaming the store looking for the dance floor and a bar that is stocked with something easier to pour into a glass than denim.

said by Acme Instant Food at 10:29 AM Delete

The only time I go into that store is to show other people its craziness. The problem is, every time I go in, I start to want a cocktail. I think they would be more successful if they really got a liquor license.

I thought it was so dark because they were trying to disguise the fact that they are selling three floors worth of the same shirt. And so you can't see the control panels on all of the employees' backs.

said by KT at 10:36 AM Delete

i want your autograph.

said by Milla at 1:26 PM Delete

Ha ha! Yeah, get it now while it's still free. ;)

said by KT at 1:31 PM Delete

Creative Commons license The content on Gastronomy 101 may be reproduced under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.