Laura Chick, City Controller of Los Angeles, is sponsoring an event on Thursday, September 14, 2006, called Women's Dialogue: "Women in the Kitchen." Ms. Chick will be host to six incredible and prominent women from the culinary world for a panel discussion focusing on their experiences in a male-dominated field. The panelists are:
- Leslie Brenner, Food Editor, Los Angeles Times
- Marilyn Caldwell, Owner, Catered Occasions
- Melinda Lee, Host KNX Food News
- Barbara Spencer, Owner, Windrose Farms
- Tara Thomas, Owner and Chef, Traxx Restaurant
- Patty Zarate, Manager, Homegirl Cafe
If you would like to participate in the "Women in the Kitchen" Dialogue, R.S.V.P. to Miriam Jaffe at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 7th. In order for the organizers to accurately prepare for the evening, please respond only if you are sure you can attend.
Free parking will be available. Parking instructions will be given after you have verified your attendance.
Sounds like a cool event for budding chefs or others who want to get into the food industry.
After all the Forbes magazine brou-haha of the past few days, it's nice to see something called "Women in the Kitchen" that doesn't make me want punch someone in the face.