Wow, lots of stuff in my inbox lately, check it out:
- Granville Cafe has a location in the Americana at Brand now, in addition to its original Burbank location. It looks as if they're planning to conquer the world, or at least SoCal and cover it with casual gourmet cafes.
- Local is new breakfast and lunch place in Silverlake from Jason Michaud, formerly of Cobras and Matadors. It's fresh, seasonal, farmer's market menu take on the local diner. They're looking to expand to dinner soon. Local is located at 2943 W. Sunset Blvd. You can see pictures and a review at Hobson's Choice.
- Take a Bao is new in the Westfield mall in Century City. It serves eight flavors of the steamed Asian dumplings for a good to-go lunch. They also serve rice bowls, noodles, and salads.
- K&L Hollywood Champagne Tent Event: Saturday, October 18 from 25 p.m K&L is will set up a tent wherein they will pour champagnes from the most sought after (vintage Cristal and Dom Perignon) to the up-and-comers (French artisanal producers). There will be some special guest Champagne producers there to talk to about their products and food from Michel Richard's Citrus at the Social. Tickets are $90 in advance, $125 at the door.
- Phillipe the Original turns 100: On October 6th, Phillippe the Original will celebrate it's 100th birthday with live music, speeches, and 10 cent sandwiches and five cent coffee. Guests include Huell Howser and um ... Harpo the clown.