Brad A. Johnson of Angeleno magazine, and The Tasting Panel's Anthony Dias Blue are co-hosting the annual Chef's Night Out and Restaurant Awards to honor local chefs and resterauteurs and to celebrate the release of Angeleno's food issue.
The dinner benefits the Children's Institute, an organization that works with children and families affected by violence, abuse, and trauma. Tickets are $150 for the event (food from the featured chefs with wine and spirits pairings), and $250 for VIP tickets which includes access to a special reception and the awards ceremony.
The event will be held at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows this Sunday, July 26. The chefs at the event include:
- David Myers from Sona, Comme Ça and Pizza Ortica
- Lee Hefter and Thomas Boyce from Spago
- Lee Hefter and Ari Rosenson from Cut
- Susan Feniger from Street
- Anthony Zappola from Craft
- Brian Moyers from BLT Steak
- Ray Garcia from FIG Restaurant Santa Monica
- Warren Schwartz from Westside Tavern
- Evan Funke from Rustic Canyon
- Monique King from Nine Thirty
- Vernon Cardenas from Katana
- Restaurant of the Year: Melisse
- Chef of the Year: (Tie) Suzanne Tracht, Jar and John Riviera Sedlar, Riviera
- Best New Restaurant: Church and State
- Best New Chef: Steven Fretz, XIV
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Adrian Vasquez, Providence
- Best Restaurant Design: Cecconi’s
- Best Wine Service: Osteria Mozza
- Vanguard Award: Capo
For ticket information, visit www.childrensinstitute.org or call 213.807.1959.